Sunday, November 11, 2012

Eating vegetarian at a steakhouse.

Last weekend I went to a steakhouse with my Dad and grandmother,both avid meat eaters. I was a little worried beforehand, I had never been to a steakhouse as a vegetarian. We went to Lonestar Steakhouse in Pearl,Ms. I believe Lonestar is just a Mississippi thing, I'm not sure. I looked at the menu before going. I didn't really understand the menu online. The salad was called a lettuce wedge and their other lettuce wedge showed bacon and ranch. Their only soup with no broth was potato soup,which had bacon. It was very confusing. My  sister,also a meat eater,ordered the lettuce wedge,soup,mashed potatoes, and steak. The lettuce wedge didn't have bacon and it wasn't even wedge and you could get other dressing than just ranch. I didn't know that when I ordered. My grandmother tells all servers that I'm a vegetarian,for some reason. The server said that I could get potato soup without bacon. I ordered potato soup without bacon,mashed potatoes, and steamed brocolli. The menu also had steamed spinach,green beans, and baked potato. I'm not a baked potato fan. It tastes too plain to me and I despise ranch dressing. So all in all they had a nice selection of vegetarian options,great food,good service, but a poor online menu. The potato soup was amazing! And the server was very nice and accommodating!

No comments:

Post a Comment