Sunday, November 11, 2012

First post!

Hi everyone! I'm Faith. I'm 16 years old and I've been a vegetarian for two years and five months now. It can be daunting at first but trust me, it gets easier! Most people start off slowly. I decided to just cut meat out all at once. I didn't have any health issues. But I was a really bad vegetarian at first. Lots of cheese pizza, fries, and all that. Vegetarian doesn't mean healthy. You can be vegetarian and eat junk food or eat healthy vegetarian food.I'll get into that on a later post. I did have a friend who had health issues from it. She when vegetarian because of a diet. And cut out meat,milk,cheese, and I think eggs. And she is soy intolerant. She also wasn't eating enough beans,seeds,legumes, and dark green vegetables. It wasn't going vegetarian that caused it.  One last thing about vegetarianism; you will get a lot of questions at first. Be prepared to answer them. Questions will slow down over time and you will get better at answering them. I've never really had anyone have any real problem with me being a vegetarian. Most people have been very supportive and interested. I have had some odd questions. I'll talk about those on a later post.

Later on I'll be discussing; Eating healthy as a vegetarian which is super easy and not that expensive. Common questions you get from non vegetarians. Eating out as a vegetarian. Odd questions I've got from non vegetarians. How to go vegetarian and what to eat. And vegans, I'm not one but I have read a lot about vegans and tried it out for two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment